Copyright © All rights reserved. Besant Theosophical College
Rules of Discipline :
The college attaches as much importance to the general character and behavior of the students as to their progress in curricular studies. The college therefore expects the students to so conduct themselves, both inside and outside the campus as to be worthy of the best and the highest ideals of conduct and action in public life.
The following are the General Rules of discipline and behavior.
1. Every student shall wear a clean and decent uniform dress (Pink shirt & Blue pant) for classes and a shirt and a short for games and sports.
2. Cycling in the college campus and parking of vehicles in notified places are prohibited.
3. Students are advised not to smoke and are strictly prohibited from smoking in the College campus or on the play grounds.
4. Students are not allowed to loiter in the College campus during the working hours and Daily Dedication.
5. As soon as the bell for class is given, students should go to their respective classes and be in their seats before the lecturer enters the class room.
6. In the case of P.G. Classes, the Head of the Department in consultation with the faculty members will formulate academic plan for implementation. All academic problems will have to be referred to the Head of Department who will in turn discuss them with the principle for redressal.
7. The principal shall have full power to inflict the following punishments in the interest of the students and of the institution. Fine, loss of attendance, loss of Term Certificate, suspension (A.E.R.) and expulsion (only after considering the explanation if any, received from the student or his parent or guardian in the matter)
Attendance and Leave Rules :
1. Lecturer shall take attendance at the commencement of each period and any student who is not present in the class room when his number is called,shall be marked absent for the period.
2. Students coming late should not enter the class room without the permission of the Lecturer.
3. No student is allowed to leave the class room without the permission of the Lecturer.
4. Students habitually coming late to the class are subject to such disciplinary action as the Principal may take against them.
5. All applications for leave must be made in writing to the Principal.
6. A student will lose
B) A full day if he is absent without leave for the whole session.
C) Twice the number of days of absent without leave.
7. When a student is absent without leave for more than six consecutive working days, he/she will be called up for along with his/her parents for an explanation for taking necessary action.
8. When a student is habitually absent for Theory classes and present for practical classes he will not be allowed for practical classes in the Science courses.
9. The attendance of each student, as marked by the Lecturers, willbe collected at the end of each fortnight at the Principal’s office. Under the supervision of one of the Lecturers it will be totaled and tabulated in the Term Certificate at the end of every month. No alteration shall be made in it thereafter.
10. In the case of PG. Classes, a separate Attendance Register is maintained and the Lecturers in charge will make attendance every hour. The Attendance Register will be in the custody of the Head of the Department.
11. According to the University Ordinance, the grant of Annual Certificate shall be subject to the following conditions.
A) In the College affiliated or recognized in Arts the Certificate shall not be granted
unless a student has secured three-
B) The Certificate shall not be granted unless the student has completed the course of instruction to the satisfaction of the authorities of the college and his progress and conduct have been satisfactory.
Grievance Cell Rules:
1.HANDLING OF Classes by staff
2.Office work relating to Students
3.Cleanliness of class room
4.Furniture in the class room
5.Amenities (Toilets etc.,)
6.Facilities in Phy. Education
12.Extra Curricular Activities.
Whatsoever be the grievance that the students have with regard to the above items, they will submit them to the student welfare officer and disciplinary committee.
While submitting a complaint to the students Grievance Cell bystudents on above items, they have to submit one representation to the Committee with copy to the Principal and Administrative Committee, and find out a solution. The students will be informed accordingly and the Principal will take necessary steps in effecting the solution expeditiously.
In effecting the solution, if it involves expenditure from general funds only, then the Administrative Committee will sit with the Correspondent and decide positively in so far as finances permit.
Miscellaneous Rules :
1. Tuition fees shall be paid in one lumpsum for each term.
2. Special Fees must be paid in one lumpsum along with the First term fees.
3. If a student fails to pay the fees before the last date fixed for payment as per
Hand Book a fine of Rupees 1 shall be levied. If the fee is not paid before
the end of the month, the students name shall be struck off from the rolls.
4. The fact that a student has not attended the college with or without leave does not affect the operation of Rules, 1,2 and 3.
5. Fees will be received in the office on all working days during the hours notified.
6. Admission of students from other institution will not be made without presenting the conduct and Transfer Certificates from the institution last studied. A student coming from another University area must apply for Recognition within 15 days from the date of his provisional admission.
7. Issue of T.C and C.C. will be governed by the rules hereunder.
I) If a student after having paid the fees in any term applies for T.C and C.C subsequently before the fifth working day of the College for the term, no fee will be levied.
Ii) However, if the T.C. and C.C. are applied for after the fifth working day of the following term, but before the closure of the College for the term Rupees five will be levied.
Iii) After the completion of course, if a student applies for T.C. and C.C. within five working days of the following academic year no fee will be charged.
Iv) After the completion of course or after his discontinuance of studies, if a student applies for T.C. and C.C. after five working days as mentioned in (iii) above Rupees Five will be charged.
V) If a student applies for T.C. and C.C. after he has left the college
a fee of Rs.25 will be levied up to one year and Rs. 50/-
Vi) For duplicate T.C. and C.C. Rs.100 will be levied.
Vii) For Duplicate identity card Rs. 50/-
8. Medical Examination is compulsory in the first term for all the students. A student coming from another college has to submit his medical certificate along with his T.C. atthe time of admission.
9. Students who discontinued should bring this fact to the notice of the principal is writing within five working days from the date of their discontinuing studies, otherwise they have to pay the fees due to the college.